Monday 24 May 2010

''Panic!'' Short Film

Well yesterday (Sunday 23rd May 2010) I was asked to do a short film- of course me wanting to be an actor immediately agreed. Now the premise was simple:
Guy gets a call of wife- she needs help- he runs to help out
I come somewhere in between all that. Some of you may have seen the advert I recently appeared in this year: The Homebase ad- ''Carlisle Train station'' now that was my first experience really in front of a professional crew with actual film cameras. This was my first film. Short as it may be it was experience non the less. So anyway- the great director Andrew Elliott asked me to help which I did- the whole point in making a short film is for a competition. The Virgin Media Shorts competition (http://www.virginmediashorts.co.uk//) This I thought would be a great opportunity- if we win I get to appear in another film (yey!) but despite this the Short film gets shown in Cinemas throughout the UK, on the TV, on your mobile via the internet-
basically every media outlet will show our short film- this is great exposure! I won't give too much away on what happens but there is a neat little twist and It was so much fun working on a set- talking to people that want to do what I want to do, dealing with professionals. I realised that this is what I wanted to do. I was on set for 2 hours and in these 2 hours we did a hell of a lot! 


The short film is expected to go online throughout this week so keep a look out and vote for our film ''Panic!'' any support would be appreciated- so keep your eyes open and I will love you all forever! 


Many thanks! 


P.s- If you do watch the film- I am the lead thug - dressed all in white :-) 
P.p.s - I will tweet when the film goes online so follow me on:


http://twitter.com/GreenLightLuke

or if FaceBooks your thing:

http://www.facebook.com/luke.pennington


No comments:

Post a Comment